What are the prices for your services?
Javelin’s goal is to give each customer a customised treatment program. Each treatment programme takes into consideration your home or business, the pest problem, and the surrounding environment. Contact us to discuss pricing for your home or business.
What can I expect during a Javelin service visit?
Each visit will start with a site inspection or survey to ascertain the size, extent and source of your pest problem. Our trained technicians will then implement the most targeted and appropriate treatment that most suit your expectations. All treatments will be monitored with either monitoring devices or regular visual inspections to measure the success of the treatment and check for re-infestations.
Are your pesticides dangerous to humans?
All the pesticides we use are WHO registered and have been carefully designed for minimised toxicity to humans, yet are still highly toxic to pests. You can rest assured that your children and pets will not be affected.
How does Javelin help prevent pests?
As well as solving your pest problems, we also aim to help customers prevent pest problems occurring in the fist place. We do this by recording and offering non-chemical recommendations at every visit, deploying monitoring devices in areas at risk of a pest infestation, and training staff to identify the early signs of a pest problem, so that we can treat it at the source, before it becomes noticeable and problematic.
How to get rid of mosquitoes?
You can keep mosquitoes under control by removing breeding sites on your property.
- Install mosquito netting/screen on all windows to prevent mosquitoes from entering the house.
- Remove stagnant water – unused tyres, empty cans and upturned buckets to prevent them from becoming breeding grounds for Aedes mosquitoes.
- Clean and discard – any leaves and detritus that may clog the roof gutters to prevent water stagnation.
- Cover all water containers – to prevent mosquitoes from breeding.
- Change water – in the vases, pot bases and water containers and add larvicide at least once a month to prevent mosquitoes from breeding.
- Clean and clear drains – around the house on weekly basis to prevent it from clogging.
- Keep swimming pool clean – and chlorinated every month even when not in use.
How to get rid of cockroaches?
You can prevent cockroaches by following a few practical steps:
- Eliminate food sources – store dry foods in tightly sealed containers or in sealed plastic bags and do not leave food sitting out in open spaces.
- Clear all waste food and spillage – clean up food debris from food preparation areas, under sinks and appliances. Empty the rubbish on a daily basis and keep all waste in covered bins.
- De-clutter – remove old stacks of newspapers and magazines, unused cardboard boxes and all other forms of clutter from the floor or bottom of cupboards that may provide a hiding place for cockroaches.
- Seal entry points – seal areas such as gaps around door, pipes and cracks to reduce cockroaches hiding place and access into your property.
- Regular inspections by professional pest control technicians.