TERMITE BAITING – A BETTER TECHNOLOGY
- Destruction – Termites are one of the most destructive pests, causing billions of dollars of damage globally every year. Unless the colony (the source of the problem) is eradicated, termites are likely to return. Termite baiting is an advanced technology, that takes advantage of the social nature of termites.
- Feeding Habits – Termites feed by trophallaxis, as they share their food with the colony, by passing it from mouth to mouth and from anus to mouth. Termites need to feed this way in order to develop the necessary endosymbionts in their gut, that help them break down cellulose found in wood. Termite baits are termite food sources laced with toxicants. By exploiting the trophallaxis tendencies of termites, this treatment is able to achieve total elimination of the colony.
- Limited Disruption – Baiting requires no drilling or any spraying of chemical and is the least disruptive treatment for your home or business. It is the preferred treatment for the more expensive residential housing in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
- Warranty – 1 year. If termites re-infest your property within that period, Javelin Services will return, free of charge, to eliminate the termites.
HOW IT WORKS
- Inspection – a thorough inspection of your property by one of our expert surveyors, to enable us to ascertain the extent of infestation, if any.
- Preventative Baiting – if there are no signs, but you are concerned, our technicians will place a system of inconspicuous bait stations around your property to monitor termite activity. A wooden lure, with an added chemical to help attract termites, is placed into each bait station. Our technicians will then monitor the bait stations for signs of activity. If any signs of termites are present, our technicians will replace the wooden lures with termite bait to eradicate the termite colony. Our preventative system helps reveal termite activity before substantial damage is done.
- Curative Baiting – In situations where termites are active in your property, an Above Ground (AG) baiting station with termite bait, will be placed where the termites are actively foraging. These termites then feed on the termite bait and carry the active ingredient back to the colony, culminating in their eradication.
- Active Ingredient – The termite bait contains a key Active Ingredient (AI), which works as an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR). The IGR prevents the termites from moulting, so they can no longer grow, causing them to die. The termites consume the baits and take the active ingredient back to the colony to feed the entire colony.
- Follow-up Treatments – Once the baiting stations are in place, our technicians will revisit your site to treat any current termite activity and will look for any new termite activity – protecting your property all year round.